Manager Ange Postecoglou earned his first win at the fourth attempt as Celtic overcame FK Jablonec in a goal-laden Europa League qualifier.
Ryan Christie’s diving header restored Celtic’s two-goal cushion after Nir Bitton fired into his own net in a frantic finish.
Postecoglou’s men created a succession of chances, but their defensive frailties were again exposed.
Liel Aada and a first goal for Kyogo Furuhashi had the visitors in control.
Vaclav Pilar quickly halved the deficit, then James Forrest looked to have put the tie beyond the Czechs, before Celtic’s nervy second-half performance gave the hosts momentum.
Celtic host Jablonec next Thursday, with AZ Alkmaar awaiting the winners of the tie in the play-off round.
More to follow.
- 23SurzynBooked at 75mins
- 12ZelenyBooked at 88mins
- 24PlestilSubstituted forMalínskyat 73′minutes
- 17KratochvílSubstituted forHouskaat 74′minutes
- 7PovazanecSubstituted forHübschmanat 86′minutes
- 27KubistaSubstituted forCvancaraat 85′minutes
- 11PilarSubstituted forHolíkat 78′minutes
- 3TaylorBooked at 54mins
- 14TurnbullSubstituted forChristieat 65′minutes
- 11AbadaSubstituted forRogicat 65′minutes
- 8FuruhashiSubstituted forEdouardat 65′minutes
- Halil Umut Meler