The Basic Law, agreed with the UK before the return of sovereignty in 1977, allowed for an “ultimate aim” of universal suffrage. But the NPC in 2004 ruled the territory’s leader, or chief executive, and LegCo members could not be chosen by the public in a direct vote.
About The Author
March 9, 2021
Powered by GGF
- Once, Superpower Summits Were About Nukes. Now, It’s Cyberweapons. June 15, 2021
- Euro 2020 Hungary 0-3 Portugal: Ronaldo makes history in Portugal win over Hungary June 15, 2021
- Petition Launched to Keep ‘Lex Luthor’ Supervillain Bezos in Space Forever June 15, 2021
- Biden Privately Asked NATO Leaders for Advice Ahead of Summit With Putin, US Official Says June 15, 2021
- Euro 2020: Cristiano Ronaldo scores lovely winner for Portugal June 15, 2021
This website uses content from another sources, such as BBC, CNN, Fox News, NY Times, Sputnik, ESPN and France24. This website have the purpose to help you found the latest news in a single place.